If the title Milk Chocolate Fudge CRACKLES didn’t get you, this picture might…
Both of my children have school valentines parties they are attending, which of course means that Mommy needs to make something for them to bring. Yes, I could just go to the store, pick something up, and be done with it – but then I wouldn’t have been able to take a stab at the following recipe.
The only problem I see is these Fudge Crackles turned out soooo good, they most likely will be consumed before the parties even commence!
I always like to give credit where credit is due, but I shamefully don’t have a clue where this recipe came from. Although it looks like I tore it out of a magazine, there is absolutely no indication of which one. If anyone else has come across the following recipe, please let me know!
Milk Chocolate Fudge CRACKLES
1/4 cup All-Vegetable shortening
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cups icing sugar
*Note: Parchment paper is needed for this recipe
- In a glass bowl in microwave, melt shortening and semi-sweet chocolate chips on Medium (50%) for approx. 3 minutes
- Add in granulated sugar, and then eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Mix in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla
- Add next 4 ingredients; mix well to combine (everything except icing sugar)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours (can stay in fridge up to 8 hours)
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C)
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Sift icing sugar in shallow bowl
- Between your palms, roll pieces of chilled dough to form 1 1/4 ” (3 cm) balls
- Drop balls into icing sugar and toss lightly until well coated
- Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten very slightly
- Repeat with remaining dough and icing sugar, spacing about 1 1/2 ” (4 cm) apart on baking sheet
- Bake each sheet in preheated oven for 13 – 15 minutes or until just beginning to feel firm when pressed in centre
- Let cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes
- Transfer Fudge Crackles to wire racks to cool completely
For the Love of cookies! Happy Valentines Day to you all on Thursday!